Wednesday, May 24, 2017

just venting

The ducting that runs from our dryer to the outdoor vent has always been a bit of a problem. It would fall off at times, and was in pretty poor shape generally. This is because whoever installed it used semi-rigid ducting, which is not ideal for a dryer vent. Here's what ours looked like as of yesterday (and it looked much like this nine years ago, when we moved in).


After the old ducting fell off the dryer and, due to the horrible condition it's in, I couldn't get it back on, I finally decided to replace it. Two trips (don't ask) to Lowes Home Improvement later, we have rigid ducting in place. Hopefully this will reduce the amount of trapped lint that I need to clean out every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment